In 1936, Public Utility District No. 1 of Lewis County was voted into being and the first commissioners were elected: Martin Jacobsen, A.H. McCall and R.B. Peters. In 1938, construction began on about 66 miles of rural lines and in March 1939, the Alpha section of the line was energized. The first electric bills were mailed on April 1, 1939 to approximately 60 customers. Now, we serve more than 31,000 customers over approximately 3,370 miles of energized distribution lines.
Follow this link to read more.