Heat Pump (Hybrid) Water Heaters in existing homes must replace an electric water heater. New Construction purchases are also eligible.
- Tier 1 = $300 Rebate
- Tier 2 = $600 Rebate
- Tier 3 = $600 Rebate
Heat pump water heaters (HPWH) are revolutionizing the way we heat water. New products recently introduced are utilizing super-efficient technology that can cut water heating costs by more than half! If there is time to plan ahead, consider this exciting new technology for a home’s next water heater purchase.
The purchased equipment must be listed on the Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance’s qualified products list (see helpful links) as meeting the requirements of the Northern Climate Specification. The installer (Homeowner or Contractor) must complete an installation training video from the manufacturer. Qualified equipment list and training videos can be found on this page (see helpful links & measure documents).
Steps to Participate
- Purchase a qualified Heat Pump Hot Water Heater.
- Must be installed meeting both BPA and the manufacturers guidelines.
- Within 90 days submit the following forms:
- Heat Pump Water Heater Rebate Form.
- Equipment/contractor invoice showing manufacturer, model number, type, size, and quantity of equipment.
Rebate form must be submitted within 90 days of purchase date. Rebate will be paid by check.
Helpful Links & Documents
- Qualified Equipment List from NEEA
- How it Works — Heat Pump Water Heaters (HPWHs)
- General Electric – Online installation training video
- AO Smith, American, Kenmore, Reliance, State, U.S. Craftmaster, Whirlpool – Online installation training video
- Do-It-Yourself Installation Tips (PDF)
Fill out our online rebate form below.
Prefer to download the paper copy?