Due to COVID-19, the Kids Fishing Derby is canceled for 2020. We look forward to the next derby in 2021!
- The upstream boundary of the reservoir in the Cowlitz arm is the posted Lewis County PUD sign on Peters Road.
- The upstream boundary of the reservoir in the Cispus arm is the posted markers at the Lewis Co. PUD kayak launch, approximately 1.5 miles upstream from the confluence of the Cowlitz and Cispus arms.
- Trout: Year-round. No minimum size. Daily limit 10 starting July 1st.
- Other Game Fish: Year-round. Statewide min. size/daily limit.
- Salmon: Year-round. Min. size 8″. Daily limit 6. Up to 2 may be adults. Only hatchery Chinook and hatchery Coho may be retained.
- Columbia River Salmon/Steelhead Endorsement
- Barbless hooks required for Salmon/Steelhead
This is not an official source for fishing regulations. These regulations were transcribed from the Washington Sport Fishing Rules (PDF) published by Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife. Always check the rules from a Washington State publication before fishing.
From Morton take Highway 12 east to Savio Road. Turn right and go to Kiona Road. Turn right and follow Kiona Road to Falls Road. Turn right and continue to the Day Use Park on the left.
From Yakima take Highway 12 west to Savio Road. Turn left and go to Kiona Road. Turn left and follow Kiona Road to Falls Road. Turn right and continue to the Day Use Park on the left.
*Please register for the Fishing Derby at the Cowlitz Falls Day Use Park Saturday, June 8th. Registration opens at 8:15 am.