Stakeholder Review & Comment Requested By October 15, 2021:
- Second Take-Out Site Construction Report (9/15/2021)
- Whitewater Take-Out Site Development (09/15/21)
- Whitewater Take-Out Site Draft Schedule (09/15/21)
- Whitewater Take-Out Alternate Site 1, Laydown Area (09/15/21)
- Whitewater Take-Out Alternate Site 2, North Boat Launch (09/15/21)
Please send comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail (Attn: Cowlitz Falls; PO Box 330; Chehalis, WA 98532).
- Last Updated: July 9, 2021
- Port Blakely 300 Road Gate: OPEN
- Port Blakely 340 Road Gate: OPEN
- Port Blakely 200 Road Gate: OPEN
- Recreation Hotline: (360) 345-1484
The Cispus River is popular to rafters and kayakers for its many miles of continuous whitewater. The beauty and the rapids of the Cispus River make it favored by novice and advanced boaters alike. The Copper Canyon Creek Take-Out Site provides rafters and kayakers a location to exit the Cispus River right before entering the Cowlitz Falls Reservoir.
The take-out site is located on the south shore of the Cispus River about one mile above the confluence with the Cowlitz River.
- Picnic Tables
- River Access
- Portable Restrooms
For orientation on the area, see the following map (click map for larger image).