Click on the tabs to the left to access different resources.
The Miracle of Electricity
- Hydropower Flows Here coloring sheet #1
- Hydropower Flows Here coloring sheet #2
- Hydropower Pop-Up Model
- Getting Hydropower from the Dam to Your Home
- The Water Cycle Hexaflexagon
- Following Nature’s Current
- How do our carbon emissions compare?
- Hydropower STEM Educational Resources Portal (Open EI)
Fish and Wildlife
- The Amazing Journey of Columbia River Salmon – booklet
This richly illustrated 22-page story book follows the life of a Columbia River Salmon from a tiny stream to the ocean and back again. The booklet discuss salmon habitat, predators and lifecycle, and also provides an overview of the Northwest river system. For independent reading for fourth grade and older, or guided classroom use for younger grades.
- The Amazing Journey of Columbia River Salmon – poster
This 21″ x 33″ poster can be used along with the booklet to explain the lifecycle of Northwest salmon.
- Project Need: Putting Energy into Education
- Water Science for Schools
- Salmon Activity Book
- Salmon Hexaflexagon
- The River Mile: Classrooms can “ adopt” a mile long section of the Columbia River
- Kid Wind Project
- Wind Power Curriculum
- Wind Energy in the Pacific Northwest – Check this link for up to date information on wind energy in BPA territory, including real-time animation showing current conditions.
Lewis County PUD has several copies of “Kato’s Electrical Safety” 16-page coloring available to teachers who are interested in ordering classroom sets.
Grade Level: Pre-K through 3