Join a dynamic northwest electric utility and become part of a progressive team.
The Staff Accountant II is responsible for providing accounting services relating to the District’s Electric System and Fiber System, as well as to the Cowlitz Falls Hydroelectric Project. Duties involve all facets of communication, planning and accounting for the District’s operations and programs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Consult with the Treasurer/CFO, Auditor, and Accounting Supervisor regarding generally accepted accounting principles as related to the District’s reporting of operations within its industry.
- Perform accounting tasks as related to subsidiary ledgers of accounts receivable, fixed assets, inventory, work orders/job orders and their related entries recorded in the general ledger.
- Process work orders for tracking and capitalization of electric plant, fiber plant and the Cowlitz Falls Project.
- Process monthly miscellaneous accounts receivable activities, including communication and collection activities.
- Review and post inventory transactions.
- Perform annual physical inventories at warehouses located in Chehalis and in Morton.
- Serve as a member of the District’s records retention committee, ensuring that District files and documents are filed, stored and archived in accordance with the State’s records retention schedule and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Keep working papers and supporting documents as required by auditors, state archivist and other agencies.
- Assist in the accounts payable process when necessary.
- Assist in the payroll process when necessary.
- Complete government forms, reports, and industry surveys as required,
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business required and 1 to 3 years of experience in accounting or finance positions; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and their applications for financial reporting required. Knowledge of FERC accounting relating to the electric utility industry preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations
Must have a valid Driver’s license.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in MS Outlook, Excel, and Word. Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to walk, climb stairs, bend, reach, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and sit for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision related to computer work. Occasionally required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Required to speak clearly and hear well when communicating over the telephone and in person. Occasionally exposed to limited hazardous conditions when performing physical inventory in warehouse.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work is generally performed in an indoor office environment. The noise level in the work environment is generally quiet.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Lewis County PUD believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. This position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit our employees nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the company.
How to Apply
Lewis County PUD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. This recruitment will remain open until Friday, January 26, 2018 at 4:00pm. To apply for this position you must complete our employment application and provide a cover letter and resume. Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
Application Packets may be submitted one of the following ways:
Online: Apply Now
Lewis County PUD
PO Box 330
Chehalis, WA 98532
Lewis County PUD
321 NW Pacific Avenue
Chehalis, WA 98532
- January 8, 2018
- January 18, 2018