Join a dynamic northwest electric utility and become part of a progressive team.
A Lineman builds, maintains and trouble shoots the District’s electrical system. Daily activities include but are not limited to working with low and high voltage cables, installing meters, building new structures or maintaining existing structures. Most work is performed at heights and can be on uneven or rough terrain occasionally.
Note: This position works primarily out of our Morton, Washington location and is covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the District and IBEW Local #77.
How to Apply
Lewis County PUD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. This recruitment will remain open until Monday, October 30, 2017 at 4:00 pm. To apply for this position you must complete our employment application, CDL application (CDL Application) and provide a cover letter and resume. Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
Application Packets may be submitted one of the following ways:
Online: Apply Now
Lewis County PUD
PO Box 330
Chehalis, WA 98532
Lewis County PUD
321 NW Pacific Avenue
Chehalis, WA 98532
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Construct, install, maintain, and operate an electrical system, including all of the transmission, substation and distribution facility of that system.
- Perform all work in a safe manner in compliance with all codes and laws governing such work.
- Account for all materials issues, used and returned.
- Provide timely written reports of all activities as required, including by not limited to, time slips, accident reports, equipment installation/removal forms and vehicle trouble reports.
- Communicate all aspects of each assignment with the individual making the assignment.
- Train Apprentice Lineman and other less experienced crew members.
- Regular, reliable and punctual in attendance as required of a full-time schedule.
Other Position Functions
- Assigned occasionally as Working Line Foreman.
- Assigned occasionally as an Outside Serviceman.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Training
- Must have completed a sanctioned Lineman Apprenticeship, including the use of live line tools.
- Must be a journeyman lineman.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalency.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Establish and encourage a work culture that embraces honesty and openness, fosters collaborative internal and external working relationships, and aligns with our goal of having our customers be our number one advocates.
Equipment and Tools
- Work with flammable materials.
- Provide and maintain in the workplace an industry standard set of tools.
- Must be capable of heavy manual labor for extended period of time, day or night, in all weather conditions; emphasis on upper body, back and knees.
- Must have color vision and night vision.
- Must be able to work at heights.
- Must be able to climb utility poles and perform work on overhead lines.
- Must have good hand-eye coordination.
- Must have mechanical ability to operate the tools of the trade.
- Must hear and be heard clearly in spoken conversations with heavy background noise.
- Must be able to physically negotiation all terrain where electrical lines are encountered in all weather conditions with full gear and construction or maintenance materials and equipment.
- Works in awkward positions and able to perform physical duties of climbing poles, lifting and carrying up to 60 lbs., negotiating rough terrain and other activities that may be encountered in construction and maintenance of electrical systems, safely without personal injury.
- Works outdoors, day and night, in all weather and driving conditions, while working in close proximity to high voltage.
- Wears personal protective equipment as required.
- Must be able to pass the District’s background check and reference checks, field test indicative of actual working tasks, physical examinations, including but not limited to, periodic CDL physicals, and random drug and alcohol screening mandated by law.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and have a Class A commercial driver’s license (CDL) with no air brake restrictions.
- Must have a First Aid Card with CPR.
- Must have a Washington State Flagger’s Certification Card.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must qualify for the District’s auto liability insurance.
- $45.23/per hour
- October 3, 2017
- October 30, 2017