Join a dynamic northwest electric utility and become part of a progressive team.
The IT Technician provides technical support to employees and District customers by troubleshooting and resolving software, hardware, and connectivity problems, including printer, copier and Help Desk support in District facilities. This position requires comprehensive knowledge of PC hardware installation, repair, testing and troubleshooting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Answers, evaluates, inputs and prioritizes service requests received via ticketing system, telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person for user’s computer performance.
- Troubleshoots PC hardware and software problems and identifies, categorizes, and resolves PC hardware and software application problems.
- Coordinates preventative maintenance and vendor services as necessary.
- Maintain District communication systems including: IP based, District owned cellular and employee Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program.
- Investigates hardware problems and performs minor system hardware and communication connection repairs.
- Work with stakeholders to maintain and update District website.
- Provide documentation, status reports, and communicate progress of IT Requests.
- Provide assistance to District employees, including software, hardware, printer configuration, etc.
- Provide assistance to District customers for outward facing products, including online account access, bill pay, and reoccurring payment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, and up to one year of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations
Must have a valid Driver’s license.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in MS Outlook, Excel, and Word. Knowledge of Windows, networking systems, PC hardware, and PC software including spreadsheets, word processing, IP based phone systems, iOS devices, Android devices and general technology troubleshooting required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to walk, climb stairs, bend, reach, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and sit for extended periods of time. Occasionally required to lift and carry up to 40 pounds. Required to speak clearly and hear well when communicating over the telephone and in person.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work is generally performed in an indoor office environment. The noise level in the work environment is generally quiet.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Lewis County PUD believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. This position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit our employees nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the company.
How to Apply
Lewis County PUD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. This recruitment will remain open until Monday, November 27, 2017 at 4:00pm. To apply for this position you must complete our employment application and provide a cover letter and resume. Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
Application Packets may be submitted one of the following ways:
Online: Apply Now
Lewis County PUD
PO Box 330
Chehalis, WA 98532
Lewis County PUD
321 NW Pacific Avenue
Chehalis, WA 98532
- Information Technology
- November 6, 2017
- November 26, 2017