Join a dynamic northwest electric utility and become part of a progressive team.
The Energy Services Specialist works as a liaison between the District and its customers by providing technical energy analysis of residential, commercial, and industrial buildings and equipment. This position assists the Energy Services Department in promoting and implementing energy efficiency (EE) measures throughout the District’s service territory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Perform on-site energy audits, inspections, and technical analysis by measuring and analyzing customer facilities.
- Identify and recommend EE measures, practices, costs, energy savings and payback periods for customers.
- Proactively inform customers, vendors and contractors of EE program opportunities and requirements.
- Audit compliance with program specifications and/or identify installation deficiencies. Prescribe recommended corrective action as required.
- Respond to customer EE inquiries by telephone or in person.
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships within the District, community, and region.
- Review, approve, and process District incentive programs.
- Assist the Energy Services Manager in the development of programs and procedures.
- Develop and maintain technical and marketing materials related to the Energy Services department.
- Maintains accurate records, consistent with department practice, and provides follow-up information and reports to meet records management and state and federal requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred but not required. Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant exposure to energy efficiency utility programs preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations
Must have Building Performance Institute (BPI) Building Analyst certification or the ability to obtain certification within the first twelve (12) months of employment. Must have a valid Driver’s license.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in MS Outlook, Excel, and Word.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to walk, climb stairs, bend, reach, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and sit for extended periods of time. Frequently required to stoop, crawl to access attics, crawlspaces and other tight spots. Occasionally required to push, pull, lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to indoor and outdoor environments. Outdoor settings include all types of property and site conditions including open spaces, timberlands, urban developments, flat and hilly terrain, building construction sites, and road rights-of-way. Indoor settings include residential, commercial and industrial sites that can involve confined spaces, moving machinery, etc. Individuals may be exposed to hazardous conditions, including but not limited to obstacles, heights, open trenches, or electric lines. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
This position may be required to work all hours of a day, on holidays, and/or weekends as work or emergency conditions dictate.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Lewis County PUD believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. This position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit our employees nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the company.
How to Apply
Lewis County PUD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. This recruitment will remain open until Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 4:00 pm. To apply for this position you must complete our employment application and provide a cover letter and resume. Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
Application Packets may be submitted one of the following ways:
Online: Apply Now
Lewis County PUD
PO Box 330
Chehalis, WA 98532
Lewis County PUD
321 NW Pacific Avenue
Chehalis, WA 98532
- Energy Services
- Non-Exempt Staff Position - DOE
- January 24, 2018
- February 28, 2018