Join a dynamic northwest electric utility and become part of a progressive team.
A Customer Service Representative (CSR) serves as the District’s front line interface with customers. They are involved with all aspects of setting up new accounts, maintaining existing accounts and closing old accounts. CSRs are tasked with ensuring the best customer service experience possible.
Note: This position works primarily out of our Chehalis downtown location.
How to Apply
Lewis County PUD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. This recruitment will remain open until Friday, May 19, 2017 at 4:00pm. To apply for this position you must complete our employment application and provide a cover letter and resume. Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
Application Packets may be submitted one of the following ways:
Online: Apply Now
Lewis County PUD
PO Box 330
Chehalis, WA 98532
Lewis County PUD
321 NW Pacific Avenue
Chehalis, WA 98532
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Make our customers our #1 advocates.
- Initiate and processes customer information involving billing, starting service, transferring service, and discontinuing service. Enrolls customers in District payment plans.
- Provide information and guidance to customers on making payments and keeping their account current.
- Make payment arrangements, assess deposits, and issues disconnect / reconnect work orders.
- Receive and route incoming calls/questions to proper departments or individuals using the phone system and walk-up counter
- Post arrangements, check records, maintain records, and work with payment agencies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned, including, but not limited to the Cashiering and Mail Clerk roles.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
• High school diploma or equivalency.
• Preference is given to applicants that possess post high school training in college or business school or have comparable work experience that aligns with the requirements of the position.
• Prefer two (2) years experience in previous customer service positions and a solid understanding of effective customer service functions, cash handling and general office procedures.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to effectively utilize multiple computer systems while maintaining effective conversation with customers, adapt to change, and meets set deadlines.
• Consistent attention to detail, strong organizational, analytical skills
• Knowledge of mathematics at a level required to perform the requirements of the position.
• Establish and encourage a work atmosphere that embraces honesty and openness, and fosters collaborative internal and external working relationships.
• Is knowledgeable of basic customer, and cash handling operations.
• Proficient in Microsoft office applications including MS Word, Excel, Explorer and Outlook
• Ability to effectively communicate with customers and staff orally, in written form, and over the phone.
• Ability to accurately and quickly operate a computer keyboard and ten-key adding machine for extended periods of time.
• Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in transcribing information by hand.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of restricted or private information and records and effectively handle sensitive matters.
EQUIPMENT AND TOOLS:
• Operate standard office equipment and machines such as computer, fax, calculator, copy machine, multi-line telephones, and point of sale equipment.
• Primarily office environment.
• May require work hours in excess of 40 hours per week, 8 hours per day, 5 days per week.
• May require travel for training purposes and commute to other departments or government agencies.
• This position creates the most customer impressions for any position at the District. Must dress and present yourself in a way that promotes a positive image of the District and meets the District’s dress code policy.
• Prolonged computer related exposure. Able to sit/stand at a workstation and operate a keyboard for long periods of time.
• Must be capable of bending, stooping and lifting up to 20 pounds.
• Must have adequate corrected eyesight for operating a computer and viewing a monitor.
• Must be able to work for extended periods of time in a seated or standing position.
• Must be able to pass general aptitude and skills testing.
• Must have a valid Driver’s license and be able to drive safely in all-weather/road conditions.
• Must qualify for the District’s auto liability insurance.
- Customer Service
- $16.71 - $24.77/per hour
- May 9, 2017
- May 19, 2017