Need to establish service for a new construction project, or alter your existing service to accommodate a remodeling project or upgrade? The Engineering Department is here to help you.
A non-refundable $100 application fee will be invoiced once your application is received. (temp to perm, security light and removals of service do not require an application fee) Payment of this fee is required before an engineering technician will be assigned to your project. Fees are invoiced by email, unless specified otherwise. *Please make sure to check your spam folder or add our domain (lcpud.org) to your “safe senders list.”
To start your project, please fill out the form below and a representative will contact you. If you have any questions, please contact our engineering office at 360-748-9261.
What to expect when starting a new project
The Steps outlined are to be used as a general guide and are not applicable in every situation.
- Application Fee:
- A non-refundable $100 application fee will be invoiced once your application is received. Payment of this fee is required before an engineering technician will be assigned to your project. The Engineering application Fee is non-refundable and will be applied to the construction charges when the design is complete.
- Site Visit:
- An Engineering Technician will schedule a site visit to develop an electric service design. The Engineer Technician will provide instruction on PUD standards and customer responsibilities.
*Due to current workload, it may take up to two weeks for an Engineering Technician to contact you for site visit scheduling after the application fee is paid*
- Engineering Design:
- Following the site visit, the Engineering Technician assigned to your project with Lewis County PUD will finalize the design of your service and calculate all PUD charges. Once design and calculation of charges are complete, they will process through internal quality control check prior to invoice being released out to you.
- Construction charges are invoiced and will be sent after design approval. These charges may be reevaluated 6 months after the date an invoice was sent to you if the project has not been completed.
Charges may include:
- Construction Service Charge (CSC). This is for District labor, equipment, and materials.
- System Compacity Charge (SCC). This is a one-time fee used to pay for system upgrades needed to support new service requirements. $3.00 per amp for 1 phase service and $6.00 per amp for 3 phase service.
- The $100 application fee is applied to the construction charges prior to invoicing.
- Other charges may apply depending upon the scenario of electrical service design.
- The invoice is to be paid in full before services are installed or completed.
- Customer/Contractor Responsibilities:
- Complete all necessary requirements discussed with your Engineering Technician during your site visit.
- Underground utility locates must be requested before digging – Call 811 or 1-800-424-5555.
- An approved L&I inspection of the meter base obtained from Washington State Department of Labor and Industries is required before Lewis County PUD’s final review.
L&I Switchboard (360) 902-5800
- Notify your Engineering Technician upon completion of work.
- Final Engineering Review:
- The assigned Engineering Technician will do a final site inspection to make sure your project is ready before releasing to our Operations Department for scheduling.
- Lewis County PUD Operations:
- Scheduling of work is done by the Operations Department. Advance notice is not provided.
- Actual construction after completion of all requirements is dependent on the time of year, the scope of work, and/or the District’s current workload.
- If a specific date or contractor coordination for PUD to perform work is required, a two-week notice is requested.
Note: If your property does not have an assigned address, please have Lewis County or the governing agency assign an address. Service will not be installed on a property that has an address that starts with a 0 or xxx.